Monday, May 4, 2009

Spaghetti Westerns - The Good, The Bad and the "DROOLY"

Cash James 2 days shy of 12 weeks and mama.


The past few Sundays I have been blessed with "Spaghetti westerns" on tv... for those of you that don't know what that is don't fret... I just learned myself. Brandon just recently "schooled" me on westerns and a "Spaghetti Western" is a film that is shot in Italy. (thus the pasta reference) If you look closely you will notice that many of the characters are actually speaking Italian and then dubbed over in English. Although the "american" actors are speaking english and thus don't need to be dubbed over. This seemed so silly to me but Brandon explained it was a lot more cost effective to do this... but i'm guessing it must have been hard for the Amercian actors to shoot a film where half the cast is speaking Italian... Makes me appreciate Clint Eastwood THAT much more!! Many westerns have Mexican or Indian characters in the plot but these "tan" characters are actually Italians... I would have never known... but now I do. The reason I actually CARE is because Brandon has found them on TV the past few Sundays and while he and Cash sit on the couch and watch, mama gets to go back to sleep! So thank God for Spaghetti westerns!

The Good, The Bad and the DROOLY....

Cash James is 12 weeks tomorrow. I cannot believe how fast the past three months have gone by. He has changed SO much and is SO big! We have good days and we have bad days.. but EVERY DAY is a DROOLY day! The boy drools like a faucet! I'm not a big fan of "bibs" but have been using them lately to save his onesies... if he's not spitting up he's drooling... i've just gotten use to having a WET baby (both ends that is!) My favorite is when I strap him into the moby and he pukes down my cleavage... GOOD TIMES! =)

All in all we have SO much fun together. Lately he hasn't been sleeping as well, i'm guessing he's going through a growth spurt since I just picked up a packet of onesies in size 6-9 months and they FIT! He is such a big boy! Anyone know a good chiropractor? =)

Thursday we are leaving for AZ to spend my first mother's day with my mom (it's also her birthday!) We are both SO excited to get some sun and REST while grandma takes care of Cash! Let's just hope the flight goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment



Precious

Precious
Photos by Ann Elrod - ChickWithACamera.blogspot.com


The Jackson Family, December 2008