Saturday, November 6, 2010

Dreamcatcher...

Last night I was awaken by my almost 21 month old shouting out in his sleep. I snuck over to him hoping not to wake him but to make sure he wasn't in distress to hear:

"Tractor! Tractor! Tractor! Please! Please! Tractor! Please!"

He has had little night-mares ,if you will, where he yells out keywords of his dreams, last time it was "truck". As i laid back down, knowing he was fine... it took me a while to fall back asleep.

I was thinking about how comforting it is to know that the worst thing my son has to dream or have a "night mare" about is wanting to go outside to ride his tractor. You see every day, sometimes more than once, we have a "discussion" about him wanting to go outside and for whatever reason (naptime, rain, tired mama) I say NO and he proceeds with the same mantra I heard last night:

"Tractor please! Tractor! tractor! Tractor Please!"

I know in my heart that me staying home and thus budgeting and changing our lifestyle is the best thing I have done for my son and our family. I wouldn't have it any other way. I was just disucussing this with Brandon's aunt who is now a new grandma ( Congrats Kylie & Jeff! See beautiful baby Trixie Kat here: trixiedaily.blogspot.com ) and she was saying how she use to have dreams of either leaving her kids home alone or at daycare... both (in her mind) being aweful and horrible! I know many people choose to put their children in daycare out of either need or want.. i'm not knocking on all ya'll. It's a personal choice and there are plenty of wonderful childcare workers; myself being one of them! LOL

As I drifted off to sleep last night I was thinking how good of a life my son has, he knows he is loved. I was patting myself on the back ( ok, a tiny pat for the hubby too!) and then nighty-night! This mama needs to rest up for another day of adventures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment



Precious

Precious
Photos by Ann Elrod - ChickWithACamera.blogspot.com


The Jackson Family, December 2008